Inspired by a combination of Indian, Egyptian, and Costa Rican wisdom, a mug of hot lemon, ginger and honey can help soothe the throat, clear the airways, and support recovery from winter ills and chills.
Preparation: 10 min
Cook: 2 min
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups boiling water (if desired, green tea can be used in place of boiling water for an added antioxidant boost)
- Place lemon juice, ginger, honey and cinnamon in a teapot.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture, stir gently until honey is dissolved.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes before pouring into cups, or an insulated drink bottle so you can have it on the go.