Cabbage, oranges, and beetroot are full of vitamins and powerful immune-boosting nutrients. Combine them together to make this delicious salad recipe.
Serves: 3 - 4
Preparation: 30 mins
Take this salad to the next level by adding your favourite nuts, herbs, and crumbed feta.
For the salad
- 300g red cabbage core, wilted or damaged outer leaves removed
- 1 medium raw red beetroot
- 1 medium red onion peeled
- 4 small juicy oranges
- 1 handful of almonds (roasted or smoked) or any preferred nut
- 1 handful of fresh mint or any preferred fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander)
- A piece of feta cheese crumbled
For the dressing
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus extra seasoning
- Mix 6 tablespoons olive oil with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Finely shred the cabbage. Place in a bowl and mix in the dressing. Let this sit in the refrigerator while you prep everything else.
- Peel and thinly slice the beetroot into circles. Place in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Peel oranges and slice them into circles.
- Plate up the salad, starting with the cabbage, beetroot, and oranges. Garnish with onions, almonds, feta, and fresh herbs. Finishing off with a grind of black pepper.
- Best served fresh. Enjoy!