You might be interested in
Antibiotic Support Probiotics Description
Antibiotic Support Probiotics Benefits
- Helps minimise antibiotic side effects during antibiotic therapy
- Supports healthy gut flora and gut health during and after antibiotic therapy
- Helps with energy and general well-being
- Offers immune support
- May be helpful with lactose intolerance
Antibiotic Support Features
- No refrigeration required - great for travellers
- Suits the average time adults are prescribed antibiotics
- Contains evidence based probiotic strains at proven levels to work synergistically alongside conventional medications
- Proprietary encapsulation technology which ensures the probiotic strains survive stomach and bile acids so they can reach the small intestines and bowel where they are needed for maximum beneficial effect. The Probiotics survive due to a special polysaccharide matrix gel that dissolves only after the bacteria are released into the small intestine.
- Vegetable capsule suitable for vegetarians; Product is free from bovine material
- Special Alu/Alu blister packaging: Manufactured in a temperature and humidity controlled facility that is TGA approved and GMP certified. Keeps moisture out and prolongs the shelf life.
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and breast feeding
- Cost effective
Active Ingredients in each vegetable capsule at the time of manufacture:
|Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5®||2 Billion||CFU|
|Bifidobacterium animalis BB-12®||2 Billion||CFU|
Also contains: Glucose anhydrate, potato starch, microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate. Capsule contains hypromellopse and titanium dioxide. May contain traces of milk products. LA-5® and BB-12® are trademarks of Chr.Hansen A/S.(CFU = colony forming units, at the time of manufacture)
No Added: Gluten (wheat), dairy, yeast, sugar, sweeteners, flavours, artificial colour or preservatives
Antibiotic Support Recommended Dosage:
Adults: Adolescents and Adults: One to two capsules daily. Take 1 capsule morning and night two hours after taking antibiotics.After completion of antibiotics, take 1 capsule daily for gut health .Can be taken without food.
Contraindications & Cautions
Lactobacilli and bifidobacteria have been used for decades and are considered well tolerated. Precautions and Contraindications: As with most probiotics, the organisms in Clinicians Antibiotic Support Probiotics are cultured on a milk powder base. Scientific analysis of the final cultured product has confirmed that levels of lactose are in the less than detectable range <0.06 Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Both Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5® and Bifidobacterium animalis BB-12® are suitable to take during pregnancy and breast feeding
Clinicians Antibiotic Support Probiotics (20 pack) is designed to companion with the most commonly prescribed duration of antibiotics for adults (usually 2-10 days. During a course of antibiotics, take one capsule twice a day until complete. If taking a 7 day course of antibiotics, continue to take one capsule a day until complete (ie finish the remaining 6 capsules). Capsule contents can be opened and added to water if people have difficulty swallowing capsules. Both probiotic strains in Clinicians Antibiotic Support Probiotics have demonstrated acid and bile resistance so can survive the harsh digestive environment and reach the colon intact .
Antibiotics are a group of medications that are prescribed to treat bacterial infections. They are designed to eliminate harmful bacteria but may also disrupt the balance of good or beneficial bacteria that live in our digestive tract. This may lead to a “dysbiosis” or imbalance of the natural flora or beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Beneficial bacteria may be re-introduced into the digestive tract to help keep good bacterial balance so that less beneficial organisms have less opportunity to grow and proliferate. The lining of the digestive tract protects our body from what we eat, drink and breathe on a daily basis. Having the right balance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract plays an integral part in regulating our immune function at the level of the gut . Problems can frequently appear following antibiotic therapy due to toxins produced by unfavourable bacteria in the intestinal tract. Besides the elimination of some beneficial bacteria, long-term use of antibiotics may cause other essential nutrients such as B group Vitamins to be depleted. Taking a natural product designed to replace good bacteria and depleted nutrients alongside prescribed medication represents a positive interaction between pharmaceutical medication and natural supplements. Antibiotics therapy has been shown to deplete a range of B group Vitamins and Vitamin K and disrupt the balance of beneficial probiotic bacteria that inhabit the small and large intestine.
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?