You might be interested in
Sleep Science Description
Sleep Science Sleep Benefits
- Scientifically proven to support the production of Heat Shock Proteins (HSP) that protect cells from stress and supports balanced stress hormone levels. This results in calm and restful sleep, good sleep quality, stress management, and normal mental capacity during times of stress.
- Zizyphus helps to calm and relax the mind to help falling asleep and staying asleep
- Support in times of stress
- A good quality, well absorbed form of magnesium,to help with normal balanced mood and sleep chemicals
- Supports deep sleep and muscle relaxation.
- Well tolerated with no day time sleepiness
Sleep Science Features
- Contains ETAS™ (Enzyme treated asparagus shoot extract
- Contains Ziziphus jujuba (Chinese date)
- Contains Magnesium aspartate complex
- Well tolerated and gentle
- No Drug Interactions
Each vegetable capsule contains:
|ETAS™ (proprietary extract of Asparagus officinalis) (Asparagus)||100||mg|
|Ziziphus jujuba (Chinese date) extract equiv. to seed||1000||mg|
|Magnesium Aspartate Complex (equiv. to Magnesium 100mg)||500||mg|
Also contains: Silica, magnesium stearate
No added: gluten, dairy yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives
Adults: Take 1 – 2 capsules 30 minutes before bedtime
Adolescents aged 15 years and over: Take 1 capsules 30 minutes before bedtime
Contraindications & Cautions
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Exercise caution or avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding due to limited safety data. To date, there are no animal or human studies to substantiate the safety of Zizyphus during pregnancy. No adverse effects are expected during pregnancy and breastfeeding for ETASTM, however caution should be exercised given no clinical trials have been performed in this cohort.
Magnesium is considered safe to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding. According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), the maximum permissible safe daily dose for pregnant and lactating women aged 19 years and over is 350 mg per day.
Sleep is an extremely important physiological function of the body. Sleeping is considered an antioxidant for the brain as free radicals are removed preventing damage to this part of the body. It is also the time when an important hormone called growth hormone is released which stimulates growth and repair within the body.
Below is a list of sleep hygiene recommendations from the American Centre for Sleep Disorders.
- Avoid all caffeinated products (tea, coffee, chocolate) especially in the evening or late afternoon.
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine.
- Reduce as much noise as possible when going to bed.
- Ensure there is adequate ventilation and warmth in the bedroom.
- Ensure there are comfortable pillows and a good mattress (experiment if necessary).
- Avoid going to bed too full or too hungry (have a small snack if needed).
- Avoid emotional dilemmas prior to bedtime. Writing a worry journal before bed can help.
- Have a regular exercise program (but not too close to bed time).
- Avoid too much fluid before bed.
- Cover the clock so it does not distract and bring unwanted attention to the time.
- Take a warm bath before bed.
Other Suggestions to support healthy sleep patterns:
- Have a regular sleep pattern which does not change in the weekends (going to bed at the same time and sleeping till the same time each day).
- Keep a sleep log to track sleep/wake cycles. Avoid bad habits such as eating, watching TV, or reading stimulating material in bed.
- Participate in regular aerobic exercise which can help improve sleep quality as well as quality of life and mood in people with insomnia.
- Consider also cognitive behavioural therapy such as yoga and tai chi which have been shown to improve patients sleep quality.
- Lavender aromatherapy oil inhalations before bed may also assist with sleep quality.
Seek help if the sleep problems are linked to more serious psychological problems such as anxiety, depression and/or drug or medication dependency
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?