You might be interested in
Good Mood Description
Good Mood Benefits
- Helps support feelings of happiness, satisfaction and well being.
- Provides support during times of stress, worry and feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Nutritional support while on antidepressants
Good Mood Features
- Formulated from a large pool of scientific research with a primary focus on supporting neurological health unlike any other available on the market in New Zealand
- Combines a blend of 3 essential amino acids (L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine and L-Tyrosine) with select B-group vitamins to support the production, conversion and utilisation of neurotransmitters (brain signalling chemicals) for healthy mood.
- Provides compatible and complimentary amino acids to support healthy brain function.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6 (from 20mg)
|Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide)||15||mg|
Cyanocobalamin 0.1% (Vitamin B12 25mcg)
Also contains: Magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
No added: dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Adult: Take 1 capsule twice daily with food or as directed by a suitably qualified health professional
Contraindications & Cautions
Precautions and Contraindications
· Avoid in people diagnosed with Phenylketonuria (PKU) - PKU is a genetic disorder which affects the enzyme needed to breakdown phenylalanine. When a build up of phenylalanine occurs in the blood it becomes toxic to the brain. PKU screening is a routine test for newborn babies. Phenylketonuria is estimated to affect 1:15,000 individuals).
· Avoid in migraine sufferers taking MAOI’s – the combination of phenylalanine plus tyrosine produces tyramine which can lead to a migraine crisis in people on MAOI medication.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Contraindicated during and pregnancy due to a lack of safety information.
If you are taking MAOI’s or antidepressant medication, talk to your health professional before taking this product.
Best taken with food – to enhance nutrient absorption. Protein helps facilitate the transport of tyrosine across the blood-brain-barrier and carbohydrates stimulate the release of insulin which helps lower peripheral levels of competing amino acids by two thirds.
- Exercise is a vital component of any wellness regime. When we exercise we release neurotransmitters called endorphins. These are our body’s own opiates that provide us with feelings of well being.
- Ensure a nutritious diet containing a wide variety of fresh vegetables and fruit, whole grains and protein (eggs, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, cheese, fish, chicken, beef, goat and lamb). A diet that is nutritionally dense has a beneficial influence on memory and learning. Avoid foods that are highly processed such as refined sugars and floured products as well as trans (‘bad’) fats.
- It is important to reduce stress and find mechanisms by which to channel stress such as exercise, yoga, meditation and visualization techniques.
Clinicians Good Mood is a scientifically validated formulation designed to support healthy brain and neurotransmitter function. It contains nutrients to support the production of dopamine, serotonin and other neurotransmitters responsible for mood balance 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is the intermediate between the amino acid L-tryptophan and the brain neurotransmitter Serotonin. Low Serotonin levels have been linked to mood imbalances, irregular sleep patterns and tension in the head. vitamin B3 and vitamin B6 are cofactors for serotonin production. L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid. It is converted to L-tyrosine in the brain which is a precursor for the neurotransmitters dopamine, adrenaline and noradrenaline. A deficiency or imbalance in levels of these neurotransmitters may predispose an individual to mood swings and low moods. A deficiency in any of these nutrients can affect mood balance and sleep.
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?