You might be interested in
Selenium Oral Drops (150mcg/3drops) Description
Selenium Oral Drops Benefits
- Powerful antioxidant to support healthy immune and cardiovascular function and hair, skin and nail health
- Selenium also supports elasticity to help the body manage the chemical ageing process
- Selenium also supports liver function, foetal development, and healthy neurotransmitter function
- Contains sodium selenate, a highly bioavailable and absorbable form of selenium. It is an effective antioxidant, especially when combined with vitamin E
- Individuals at risk of selenium deficiency are smokers, regular alcohol consumers and those not getting enough from their diets
- Selenium is also involved in supporting thyroid hormone conversion and helps to produce coenzyme Q10
Selenium Oral Drops Features
- Formulated especially to address selenium deficiency in New Zealand diets. (In New Zealand, farm soils are deficient in selenium)
- High potency selenium in liquid format for enhanced absorption
- Oral drops ensure easy cost effective dosing
- Suitable for most age groups
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Active Ingredients in 1 drops
|Selenium (from sodium selenate)||50||mcg|
Also contains: purified water, citric acid, sodium citrate and potassium sorbate.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
- Adults: Take 3 drops daily.Do not exceed this dosage
- Children (under 12 years): Recommended dose is 3mcg per kg body weight per day, but never to exceed 150mcg per day
Contraindications & Cautions
Selenium toxicity has only been reported for doses exceeding 1000mcg per day over extended periods of time. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose (150mcg) unless under supervision of a health professional.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Clinicians Selenium Oral Drops is regarded as suitable to take during these times under health professional supervision to ensure appropriate dosing.
You may also like to take the followings Clinicians supplements alongside Selenium Oral Drops: MultiVitamin and Mineral Boost, Family Vitamin C or Vitamin E (the effect of selenium may be enhanced by antioxidants vitamin C and vitamin E).
Selenium is a trace mineral and is essential for the production of glutathione peroxidase one of the body’s most important antioxidant enzymes. Working as part of this enzyme, Selenium, helps protect delicate intracellular structures by preventing the formation of damaging free radicals. Dietary sources of selenium include Brewer’s yeast and wheat germ, liver, butter, fish and shellfish, garlic, grains, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts are all food sources for naturally occurring selenium. Herbal sources include alfalfa, burdock root, catnip, fennel seed, ginseng, raspberry leaf and yarrow. Clinicians Selenium Oral Drops provides a high-potency source of selenium in liquid format.
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?