Free Shipping applies to all purchases over $65
You might be interested in
- Clinicians PregaVit provides essential vitamins, minerals and cofactors designed to support the nutritional status of pregnant women and their developing babies.
- Nutritional needs change during pregnancy and are important for the growth, development and health of the developing baby
- A healthy nutritious diet is vital for all expectant mothers, with many health professionals also recommending a daily pregnancy multivitamin and mineral supplement to fill the gaps
- Clinicians PregaVit provides a great foundation for pre-conceptual care. For optimum effect it should be taken 2-3 months prior to conception
- Formulated with New Zealand women in mind it includes iodine and selenium, which are known to be deficient in New Zealand soils, yet are so important for baby’s physical and mental development.
- PregaVit is the bioflavonoid Rutin which is important for supporting capillary strength and circulation during pregnancy
- Contains B6 which is known to support queasiness during pregnancy
- Chromium in this product helps support healthy blood sugar balance.
- Can be safely combined with additional over the counter folic acid if needed
- Cost effective flexible dosing if needed due to morning sickness
- Iron is not included to aid compliance and reduce gastric irritation and changes in bowel habits
- Women's iron needs may change dramatically during pregnancy and iron is best absorbed when taken separately according to individual needs. Excess levels of iron can be toxic.
- Can be continued through breastfeeding to replenish nutrients and support you and your growing baby
Active Ingredients in each vegetable capsule:
|Vitamin A (from retinol acetate) 855IU||257||mcg|
|Vitamin B1 (from thiamine hydrochloride)||0.7||mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||1.7||mg|
|Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide)||5||mg|
|Vitamin B5 (from calcium pantothenate)||3.3||mg|
|Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine hydrochloride)||6.7||mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||2||mcg|
|Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)||50||mg|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||1.7||mcg|
|Vitamin E (from d-alpha-tocopheryl-succinate)||5||mg|
|Calcium (from calcium citrate)||50||mg|
|Choline (from choline bitartratre)||16.7||mg|
|Chromium (from chromium picolinate)||66.7||mcg|
|Copper (from copper amino acid chelate)||167||mcg|
|Iodine (from potassium iodide)||50||mcg|
|Magnesium (from magnesium citrate)||27.5||mg|
|Manganese (from manganese amino acid chelate)||333||mcg|
|Selenium (from L-selenomethionine)||25||mcg|
|Zinc (from zinc amino chelate)||3.3||mg|
Also contains: microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide. Total calcium content: 57mg per capsule
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, artificial colours or preservatives.
Adults: 1 capsule 2-3 times daily with food
*PregaVit supplies 100mcg of Folic Acid per capsule: equivalent to 300mcg per day at the recommended dose of 3 capsules per day. The NZ Ministry of Health (MOH) restricts the amount of folic acid available in non-pharmacy nutritional supplements to 300mcg. Some sources, including the MOH's own guidelines, indicate that a higher daily intake (e.g. 800mcg plus) of Folic Acid is more appropriate, especially in the early stages of Pregnancy.
Contraindications & Cautions
Pregnancy and Breast Feeding: Clinicians PregaVit contains the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for vitamin A during pregnancy (2566 IU or 770mcg/day) and is considered safe to take during pre-conception phase, pregnancy and while breastfeeding to support maternal and infant health. Total Vitamin A intake from dietary and supplemental sources should not exceed 4 times the RDA (10,000 IU or 3000 mcg/day).
Pregnancy is a time of change, from hormonal to physical to emotional and nutritional. Scientific research has reaffirmed what Mother Nature has long known – a healthy mother is one of the most important gifts a woman can give to her developing baby. The requirements for many nutrients are increased during pregnancy and deficiencies can affect the growth, health and development of the foetus. In fact, it is now understood that the mother’s nutritional status during pregnancy can influence the baby’s health in adulthood and their risk for developing chronic disease. While it goes without saying that a nutritious diet is vital for the expectant mother, supplements are now being advocated, not just for those with low nutrient status, but for otherwise healthy pregnant women.
Clinicians PregaVit is designed for mothers who want the best for both baby and their own health during pregnancy. This formula can also be safely taken when breast feeding for ongoing nutrient replenishment and support.
Clinicians PregaVit may taken alongside Clinicians Omega-3 Fish Oil to support essential fatty acid levels or MultiFlora by providing beneficial probiotic bacteria for gastrointestinal and immune system health.
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?