You might be interested in
Hi-Dose Vit C Description
Hi-Dose Vit C Benefits
- Clinicians Hi-Dose Vit C has been designed to support the body’s defenses against winter ills and chills
- A specialised research-based buffered formulation containing 2 forms of vitamin C, (sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid) that may support immune function during times of stress
- Studies indicate that frequent high dosing with vitamin C can significantly impact the recovery period following immune stress
- Vitamin C may be depleted from the body during immune, physical and emotional stress, so more needs to be consumed at these times
- Vitamin C is also required for hormone and neurotransmitter production
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin that helps to protect our cells from free radical damage
Hi-Dose Vit C Features
- Provides a high potency buffered vitamin C dosing to rapidly restore vitamin c levels when depletion occurs due to immune stress
- Contains sodium ascorbate a buffered form of Vitamin C which is most well tolerated and very well absorbed.
- The powder offers cost effective flexible dosing to meet individual needs
- Contains no artificial colours or flavours
- It can be used alongside conventional medicine
- Can be taken daily for general health or high dose in times of immune stress
Each level 5ml teaspoonful contains:
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||3||mg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||700||mg|
|Vitamin C (from sodium ascorbate)||2850||mg|
(equiv. Sodium 372mg)
Also contains: natural flavourings and stevia.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Recommended Adult Dose:
1 level teaspoonful in water or juice 1-2 times daily. Enhanced Dosage (for short term adult use only):
Day 1-3: 1 level teaspoonful in water or juice every 2 to 3 hours during waking hours *Monitor dosage in accordance with bowel tolerance.
Day 4-7: 2 level teaspoonful twice or three times daily.
After Day 7: Return to recommended adult dosage or as directed by your health professional.
Contraindications & Cautions
Precautions & Contraindications
Do not take high doses of vitamin C if you have a gastric ulcer or ulcerative colitis. Gastric ulcer or Ulcerative colitis: vitamin C is generally well-tolerated, however people with gastric sensitivities are advised to take this product with food or to lower the dose if bowel discomfort occurs.
High dosing of vitamin C may lead to bowel discomfort in some individuals. Diarrhoea, flatulence and bowel distension may occur as a result of high dosing. Reduce the dose if these symptoms are of concern. If you are on any other medication, please consult with your health professional before taking this product. If symptoms persist or you have any side affects please contact your health professional.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Suitable to take during these times. High dosing of vitamin C to bowel tolerance should be done under supervision of a health professional during these times.
Studies indicate that frequent high dosing with vitamin C can significantly impact the recovery time when the body's defenses are under attack. This appears to be true for both oral and intravenous vitamin C administration. In addition to supporting recovery, these high-dosing regimes may also support the body's recovery times.
In order to get the full benefit of this regime, you should dose to bowel tolerance. Bowel tolerance is reached when the following symptoms occur; bowel discomfort, distention, diarrhoea and flatulence. Individual requirements for vitamin C may vary depending on severity of illness and levels of stress and higher dosing may be required during these times.
Once bowel tolerance is achieved, you should continue on the maintenance dose recommended for this product,
You may also benefit from taking the following Clinicians products alongside Hi-Dose Vit C : Stress & Energy Support (to address fatigue & lethargy), VirActive Seasonal, Vitamin B12 Oral Drops and Del- Immune V® (for additional immune support),LipGuard (for lip health in times if immune stress), MultiVitamin and Mineral Boost for added mineral and nutrient support.
hi dose vitamin c
by charmaine robinson from Raetihi
I love this product...I take it regularly........ | 31 May 2014