You might be interested in
Coenzyme Q10 200mg Description
Coenzyme Q10 200mg Benefits
- Assists with energy levels
- Suitable antioxidant for adults
- Supports cellular protection during the aging process
- Essential for cardiovascular health
- Cell metabolism, muscular-skeletal health and periodontal health
Coenzyme Q10 200mg Features
- Two sizes to choose from (30caps or 60caps)
- Naturally produced through non chemical fermentation
Eache gelatin capsule contains:
|Natural Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)||200||mg|
Also contains: medium chain triglycerides,yellow beeswax
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweetners, flavours or preservatives.
Coenzyme Q10 200mg Recommended Dose:
Adult: 1 capsule daily or as directed
Contraindications & Cautions
- Individuals taking blood-thinning medication such as Warfarin should use CoQ10 under health professional supervision
- Exercise caution in patients with liver disease. Supplementation of more than 300mg per day of CoQ10 may elevate serum aminotransferase (liver enzyme) levels in this cohort.
- Exercise caution in people with hepatic insufficiency or biliary obstruction as these conditions may increase CoQ10 concentrations
- CoQ10 is chemically similar to Vitamin K2 and therefore has the ability to promote coagulation like Vitamin K2. Taking both Vitamin K2 and CoQ10 together may cause an additive effect thereby increasing the risk of clotting in people taking anticoagulants.
- Individuals on cholesterol lowering medications may require higher doses of Coenzyme Q10. For low dose therapy take CoQ10 50—100mg daily. For medium to high dose therapy take 100– 200mg CoQ10 daily or use 2mg Co Q10 per kg body weight as a general guideline.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding:
Use under the guidance of a health professional during pregnancy. Supplementation should only be recommended when the benefits outweigh the risks. Doses of 200mg per day of CoQ10 have been safely used for five months during pregnancy in women at risk of developing preeclampsia. Not recommended during breast feeding due to a lack of safety data.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an essential cofactor for the manufacture and utilisation of energy (or ATP) by the mitochondria, the body’s energy producing cells. Heart, liver and skeletal muscle cells have a high requirement for CoQ10. CoQ10 exhibits antioxidant activity, support overall energy production and helps protect cell membranes from free radical damage the contributes to the aging process.
CoQ10 is synthesised in the body but, tissue levels decline with age. Supplementation has been shown to be beneficial for cardiovascular health, blood sugar balance, energy levels, the nervous system and healthy teeth. Certain medications such as Statins (cholesterol-lowering medication) may deplete CoQ10 levels. Symptoms of CoQ10 depletion include muscle fatigue, and burning. It is essential that CoQ10 levels be restored as soon as possible in these individuals.
No one has reviewed this product yet. Why not post your own review below?